Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas

I apologize in advance for the self-call, but it has to be done. I am making a glorious return to America, and:
Stl amigos, I will be home from the 22nd-27th -- let me know if/when you'll be around. Liza, yes, I will help you waddle up the stairs :)

I will then be heading to the great lands of CT/NYC from the 28th-31st. I plan on stopping by work on the 28th and then heading into the city. Give me a holla if you'll be in town.

Oh, and to all my good customers here in the UK, as previously mentioned, Christmas has been moved back to January 15th; so, yes, you're product will arrive in time for Christmas!

Now, on to today's history lesson -- Kensington Palace.
Kensington Palace in London is a working Royal residence. Of great historical importance, it was the favourite residence of successive sovereigns until 1760. It was also the birthplace and childhood home of Queen Victoria. Today Kensington Palace accommodates the offices and private apartments of a number of members of the Royal Family.


In 1689 William III bought the Jacobean mansion originally known as Nottingham House from his Secretary of State, the Earl of Nottingham, and commissioned Christopher Wren to extend and improve the house. This included the construction of Royal Apartments for the King and Queen, a council chamber, the Chapel Royal and the Great Stairs.
The King's Gallery.


I meet Sir William himself.

Queen Victoria was born and brought up in the Palace and news of her accession in 1837 was brought to her there by the Lord Chamberlain and the Archbishop of Canterbury. Queen Mary (grandmother of the present Queen) was born at Kensington in 1867.
In 1981 apartments 8 and 9 were combined to create the London residence of the newly married Prince and Princess of Wales, Charles and Diana, and it remained the official residence of Diana, Princess of Wales after her marriage and until the day of her death.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'll be in New York at the end of December. Let me know if you need a place to crash. Challah at ya boy.

Anonymous said...

I will be in NYC, let me know when you head into the city. We should go out for New Year's together!!! And you can always crash at 19G. :) Be safe traveling. I can't wait to see you, bloke!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I am so glad to here that you will be here for a few days. I will call you when I get in twon and you will have to pencil me in on your calendar.

Love ya, Brooke

Anonymous said...

I should have said hear instead of here. I'm an idiot:)

Brooke