Wednesday, September 27, 2006

1966.

I’m sure many of you saw the title of this post and expected some brilliant thoughts on the anniversary of England’s last World Cup victory. Ok, maybe just Max thought it. Ok, probably no one. But, this special mid-week post is in fact a shout out to a much more important event in world history.

For all of you out there who may or may not be taking the first steps over the hill in say, oh, I don't know, the next day or so, this goes out to you…

As many of you know, I turned down the chance to collaborate with Eminem on his next album for the opportunity to come to work in the UK.

(a brief aside, in case you didn't know, he's the inspiration for my photo finger point)

Ok, back to the matter at hand. I admit, I was at first very torn, but when Marshall sat me down and said... “Katie, you have one shot, one opportunity, to get my face on a collector plate, you can’t let it slip. If Cliff or Freddie call me up one more time to brag about their collections, I think I’m going to lose it…the crap I’m getting in 8 Mile right now, it’s unbearable...” it was an easy decision.

So, here I am, an expat with a cause. As you may have imagined, m-dubs and I have remained quite close, and he’s asked that I share a few words with you on this momentous occasion…

Yo, His hair is greying, knees shot, bones decaying
They’re aching ‘fore it’s raining, always proclaiming
He’s young, but on the surface he looks old and ready
To break down, and he keeps on forgetting
What he wrote down, the hearing aid grows so loud
He tries to fight, but he’s gonna lose this bout
He’s 40, how, everybody’s aging now
The clock’s run out, times up over, bloah!

Cam, I think you can take it from here...

2 comments:

Hodel Nightmare said...

Boy, I feel bad for that guy who's turning 40. I think my grandmother is that old.

Unknown said...

40 aint old and neither is 50... LUG