Monday, September 18, 2006

Some pictures...finally.

Hi all,
Ok, this isn't high tech as you can already see, but it gets the job done. We can't all be billkang.com. :)

So, enjoy the pics! But before you do, please take some time out to think about the following:

Same language, same fashion (kind of), same sense of world superiority (well, back in the day at least)….but for an interesting sociological look into the differences between our two countries, take a quick minute to view the links below. I never thought I’d say this, but I miss Howie Mandel.

http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/game/

http://www.channel4.com/money/ontv/deal_or_no_deal/



And just for fun…Billed on the MSN UK home page entertainment section today as the five can’t-miss shows of the week:

http://entertainment.msn.co.uk/tv/bakontv/setthevideo/

(I already have the recorder set for this gem…)>Thursday 21 September: I Smack And I'm Proud – ITV1, 9pmWhen I was a kid, my parents had this red plastic carpet beater which hung menacingly in a cupboard, like a giant fly swatter for naughty children. They named it 'Peter The Beater' and the mere suggestion of it being employed as a smacking device could turn my brothers and I from monsters to angels in approximately one nanosecond.



I was welcomed to Ireland (I connected in Dublin before landing at Heathrow) by none other than Michael Flatley himself...



And on afternoon of day one was comforted by a familiar sight...


Here's my hotel. Built in 1700 something and I think was an important building at some point or another.

The hotel sits at the top of Richmond Hill Road and this is the view overlooking the Thames. It's amazing. Just up the street is Richmond Park (which used to be a hunting ground for Kings). I ran there on Sunday and there are deer that just hang out within feet of the running paths. It's pretty cool.


Petersham hotel just down the road.
Some expert photography illustrating that the sun does in fact exist here...
And now, the moment of truth....MBI UK:

My office...

And Cam, a special presentation just for you of some of the sweet office decor...

But even better, my sweet ride...

And sweet 'hood... (Putney is on the District Line about 20 minutes from Central London)

Does it get any better than that? Peyton who?

Yes, I'm still managing to take very flattering pictures of myself over here. It was a theme party, don't ask...

And now, for what I hope will become a weekly feature...Name that Smile. I'm looking for England's best and whitest. Who is the owner of these pearly whites? Make a guess...and come back tomorrow for the answer.

Peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. I am digging it. Looks like you are having plenty of fun.

Unknown said...

My guess is Tony Blair.

I love your blog. Keep entertaining us.

Unknown said...

Nice. As if driving on the wrong side of the road isnt tough enough ... on the other hand maybe that young man with the handsome smile will drive you around ... LUG

Unknown said...

I think "I smack and I´m proud" would be my favourite TV show! ;) Going to be in Richmond on Thursday night at my brother´s but then heading to Oxford Friday morning. I´ll email you to see what you´re up to, not sure when I´ll get it, but I´ll be in touch. :) Maja

nancyh said...

Awesome!! I love it, now I feel connected....keep that info coming :)

maxdepaola said...

my guess on the smile is Alex Ferguson

keep the funny sh*t coming