Saturday, March 10, 2007

An ode to the right calf.

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred steps.... How do you measure, a weekend in Rome? Well how about... pain.

Shall I compare you to a Roman god?
Thou art more worthy and I dependent.
Rough rocks you climb but never once relent;
On you I rely much more than the quad.

On you in London a glass pane did fall.
In Rome you fought when I wanted to crawl.
Battered with bruise but without a complaint,
A god, perhaps not; but right calf – a saint.


St. Peter's


The ascent.


The view from the top.


The views inside.


The Vatican (I won't mention how these pictures were obtained)


Monument of Vittorio Emanuele II
The Spanish Steps.


Piazza del Popolo
La Republica.

Gianicolo hill- on the way up and the view from the top.

No comments: